The Galveston Regional Chamber of Commerce’s Leadership Galveston program creates a pipeline of future leaders for the community through the development of core leadership competencies and the introduction to social, economic, business and political issues in the Galveston area and the successful leaders who influence and run them. With more than 500 graduates from the program, participants in this dynamic and interactive eight-month program learn about what makes Galveston go — from its unique economy to its largesse of educational institutions to its diverse culture and attractive lifestyle. Graduates of the program have gone on to lead the island community and include top executives and elected officials at the city and state levels.
- Includes a weekend retreat to challenge your mind and body while building team spirit.
- Eight (8) day-long units examining various aspects of the community.
- Two (2) day leadership unit and wrap-up session and graduation event available to participants completing all requirements.
- One absence during the program.
- Requires mandatory attendance at the introductory/retreat weekend.
- Accepts approximately 40 participants into each annual class.
- Tuition costs $1,095 per person and includes accommodations and meals for the weekend retreat; and all transportation, materials, meals and fees for the entire program.
To apply and join the upcoming Leadership Galveston class, please complete the application here and register to the Leadership Galveston Style Overnight Retreat at the Tremont House. Also, you can download a printable pdf overview here. For any questions, please contact the Galveston Regional Chamber of Commerce at (409) 763-5326 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leadership Galveston Leadership Galveston Mastery Class
The Chamber is committed to ensuring current and future generations have career opportunities in our region by enhancing the quantity and quality of the talent in the area. We provide programs and services to preserve and attract quality talent in the region.
We continue our efforts to prepare and make our students aware of our region’s high-demand jobs and advancement opportunities in order for all to succeed after high school. We aim to further align our employers and education system.
This program takes Leadership Galveston to the next level by introducing critical leadership skills necessary to succeed in a management role such as communications, inspiring your team, negotiating skills, and so much more.